PAR is Rochambeau’s Parent Association is a non-profit organization registered in the state of Maryland (click here to read our by-laws).
The PAR Board consists of:
- Pierre Robion, President
- Florence Bhat, Vice President
- Pascal Biancheri, Treasurer
- Christiana Cameron, Secretary
- Dara Duguay
- Carrie Kundrat Parrella
- Claire Medina
PAR represents families within the school and promotes a strong cooperation between Rochambeau’s parents, management and teachers by maintaining a constant dialogue with the diverse parties of the school.
PAR maintains parents’ representation in various committees pertaining to the French school system such as Conseil d’établissement and Conseil d’école. For more information and to read the minutes of each meeting, please log into the Parent Portal (under Docs+Resources): log in.
Thanks to regular meetings with school management, PAR can work on themes important to parents as well as on all questions related to the school.
2016-2017 Elections were held on October 8, 2016 in order for parents to select members of the Conseil d'établissement and Conseil d'école. We congratulate the parents who were elected to serve in these positions and thank them for their service throughout the year.
2016-2017 CONSEIL D’ETABLISSEMENT
2016-2017 CONSEIL D’ECOLE
ARRI Delphine De
PAR leads committees and organizes events allowing parents to volunteer and better get to know other parents and our school staff.
For instance, PAR organizes a back-to-school breakfast to welcome new parents and a King’s Cake (Gallette des Rois) celebration in January. PAR also supports the school in the organization of events such as the Winter and Spring Fairs, and the annual Gala.
PAR works to provide services that enhance the supports offered to our Rochambeau community. PAR projects and programs include Yearbook editing, lunch offerings at the school (sandwiches and bento boxes) and partnerships to support health and wellness.
- YMCA: Rochambeau families received a discount of 15% with the YMCA Bethesda Chevy Chase. Click here for information about the YMCA discount.
- Lunch Options: Learn more about business partnerships and lunch options at Rochambeau
A new objective of PAR is to finance or support more significantly school projects initiated by teachers. A budget of $3,500 has been allocated to that purpose for school year 2016-2017.
When registering your child(ren), you are automatically enrolled unless you opt out by checking the corresponding box. Contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
The annual fee per family is $20.
Each class is represented by two parents called parents relais in primary school and parents délégués in middle and high school. Parents can volunteer for these roles during the parents-teachers meeting held at back-to-school night and are endorsed by parents present at the meeting.
Parents relais and parents délégués are responsible for liaising with:
- The families of the class they represent;
- Their child’s teacher (primary school) or their child’s head teacher (middle and high school);
- The management of the school; and
The role of parents relais and parents délégués consists of:
- Being the spokesperson for the parents of their class
- In middle and high school, attending conseils de classe, then writing and circulating minutes in French and English to parents
Besides, they might be asked to:
- Enroll volunteer parents from their class to help teachers with the organization of events or field trips.
To help parents relais and parents délégués PAR organizes a quarterly coordination and information meeting with all parents relais and parents délégués. At the first quarterly meeting a parent coordinator will be appointed for each school campus.
We welcome your questions, comments and suggestions.