20-21 | On Campus
Ensuring health and safety is our top priority.
Our on-campus plans are designed to promote safe behaviors and prevent the spread of illness. The following procedures and plans will be updated as we return to on-campus instruction for students and as further guidance from health agencies is received.
Note that all students and teachers will continue to have the option for 100% distance learning at any point during the school year, even after on-campus instruction resumes.
measures and procedures
- Small class sizes (10-20 students) and small cohorts for activities (group work, recess, etc.)
- Desks spaced 6 feet apart, facing one direction
- Use of outdoor spaces for outdoor classrooms when possible
- Increased air circulation by keeping classroom doors open always and windows open when weather permits
- Plexiglass dividers used in student labs
- Hygiene stations (i.e. soap and/or hand sanitizer) available in all classrooms and in hallways
Common Areas and Shared Spaces
- New traffic flow protocols, such as one-way hallways, stairways
- Designated doorways for ingress and egress
- Plexiglass dividers in reception areas and other locations where practical and beneficial
- Training in health protection protocols for all students, faculty and staff
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting procedures daily
- Health Isolation rooms in all three campuses
- Reduced passenger capacity for bus and shuttle operations
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing several times each day using new, efficient professional sanitation equipment (electrostatic sprayer machines) to treat all buildings and buses
- HVAC systems have been inspected and serviced. Systems will be run at maximum capacity for air circulation. Air filters are Merv 13 rated and are being replaced every month (exceeding the manufacturer’s replacement schedule at every 3 months).
- Continued “no visitor” policy on all campuses, including modifications to student drop-offs (to kiss-and-ride or school door only, not inside buildings)
- Campus Entry / Exit Modifications to limit the number of student arrivals in close proximity and short intervals
- As we return to on-campus instruction, all families (and students 18 or over) will be required to sign Return to School Waiver agreeing to abide by all health and safety protocols and acknowledging an understanding of risk associated with sending their children to School for in-person learning
WHAT TO EXPECT ON OUR CAMPUSES?