20-21 | Preschool
GUIDING PRINCIPLES FOR PRESCHOOL
- Managing time in front the screen
- Balancing the day
- Giving structure
- Prioritizing routines, habits, rituals
- Creating community: social interactions and interactions
Phase 1: October 5th
Bradley Campus: PS and MS
Phase 2: October 26th
Bradley Campus: GSA and GSC
Rollingwood Campus: GSB
distance learning - daily framework
- 5-day school week with 4-day/1-day scheduling to facilitate class groups with subject area specialists, groups, and options
- Increased whole class instructional hours (synchronous instruction) - as compared with Spring 2020 programs
- New format for break-out sessions
- Small groups focused on oral expression
- Regular individual meetings
- Office Hours opportunities
- Daily instructional hours between 8:30 am and 3:00 pm, followed by office hours (optional).
- Daily start times vary by grade: MS and GS - 9am
- Mid-day lunch breaks for 90 min
Hybrid learning plan - PHASE 1 -
starting on october 5 for PS and MS
- PS, MS and GS classes will be held from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm every day (5 days per week).
- Afternoon instruction will take place online and will primarily be focused on language group instruction (English, French language support) and academic support (SLS).
- All students will not return to campus simultaneously, but will return to campus in phased groups, starting with the PS classes, and adding 1 grade level per 2-3 week phase (MS followed by GS).
- Classes will be maintained in small groups of 10 - 15
- Distance learning will remain an option for MS and GS students who prefer it. Students will continue to receive live instruction from their teachers. The new schedule will run in reverse from the in-person schedule, so that French will be offered in the afternoon and English, Flsco, SLS and other asynchronous work in the morning.
- PS tuition will be reduced by 50% to reflect the shortened school day.
DROP-OFF & PICK-UP on CAMPUSES
The following forms are required to be completed, signed and returned to your child’s teacher the first day of in-person school:
- FOR ALL:
- FOR PS + MS:
Distance Learning Guide
Distance Learning Guide for 2020-2021 Information coming soon
Click Here for 2019-2020 information
distance learning Sample schedules