20-21 | Technology
GUIDING PRINCIPLES FOR OUR TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMS
- We are focused on providing students and teachers with technology tools that enable them to be successful
- New technology learning platforms will be used in connection with training for students, faculty, and families
- Enhance flexibility in learning formats and improve communications
- Provide adaptations in each classroom to facilitate in-person and distance learning, including live streaming capabilities
New for 2020-21:
- New technology learning platforms will be used in 2020-2021 to enhance flexibility in learning formats and improve communications:
- and more.
- All classrooms have been equipped with new equipment to enable interactive teaching and learning, including live streaming capabilities:
- interactive display boards
- new projectors
- 360 web cameras
- Continuing utilization of some technology platforms, varying by grade and class, but with integrations into new learning platforms:
- Google suite of products and apps
- and more.
Technology plan for student devices in 2020-21:
- 3rd - 9th grades (CE2 - 3ème) will receive school-issued iPads at the start of the school year
- 6th - 9th grades (6ème - 3ème) will receive new Chromebook devices later in the fall (October/November due to sourcing delays outside our control); those students will return their iPad devices at that time
- Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grades (GS - CE1) will receive school-issued iPads in mid-late Fall 2020 (October/November due to sourcing delays outside our control)
- 10th - 12th grades (2nde - Terminale) will continue to utilize personal technologies according to our BYOD “bring your own device” practices
- E-textbooks will be used for some subjects and by some classes where pedagogically appropriate. In those cases, the necessary licenses will be added to school-issued devices.