Rochambeau, French International School is offering an International Baccalaureate program:
- The International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (DP) in 11th (equiv. 1ère) and 12th (equiv. Terminale) grades.
- The Middle Years Program (MYP) for student entering 9th (equiv. 4ème) and 10th (equiv. 3ème) grades starting in September 2023.
Disclaimer: Rochambeau is an authorized IB World School for the IB Diploma Program and will be a Candidate School* for the IB MYP, pursuing authorization for this program.
* Only schools authorized by the IB Organization can offer any of its four academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme (DP), or the Career-related Programme (CP). Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted.
The IB MYP and DP provide a rigorous educational framework which seeks to develop students who are creative and compassionate individuals by promoting international awareness and understanding.
- The IB Education is a holistic approach to education based on the IB Learner Profile, 10 essential qualities that each student develops over a core curriculum.
- The IB Education focuses on learners and works within global contexts by offering more understanding of languages and cultures.
- It is a unique program that promotes international mindedness and life-long learning skills constantly sharpened by research, managed by an independent organization founded in 1968 in Switzerland, and widely recognized.
What is the IB?
Loading from Vimeo...
A WORLDWIDE COMMUNITY
- Over 5,600 IB World Schools
- 159 countries
- More than 1,950,000 students
WHY IS IB DIFFERENT?
"The IB's programs:
- encourage students of all ages to think critically and challenge assumptions
- develop independently of government and national systems, incorporating quality practice from research and our global community of schools
- encourage students of all ages to consider both local and global contexts
- develop multilingual students.
IB students take responsibility for their own learning and understand how knowledge itself is constructed.
Our programs help IB students:
- ask challenging questions
- think critically
- learn across disciplines
- develop research skills proven to help them in higher education.
IB programs also encourage students to be active in their communities and to take their learning beyond academic study."
From "Why is IB Different?", IBO website.
Rochambeau, the French International School, is an IB World School authorized school for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program.
IB World Schools share a common philosophy—a commitment to improve the teaching and learning of a diverse and inclusive community of students by delivering challenging, high quality programmes of international education that share a powerful vision.**
Rochambeau, the French International School fosters excellence through rigorous, accredited French and international curricula. We provide a safe and caring environment that welcomes students of all backgrounds and nationalities, nurturing them to become plurilingual, confident, and open-minded critical thinkers. We empower students to thrive in an evolving world, positively impact their communities, and value diversity and multiculturalism.
IBO Mission Statement
"The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. To this end the organization works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programmes of international education and rigorous assessment. These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right."
For further information about the IB and its programmes, visit www.ibo.org.