Mission & Vision
The mission of Rochambeau, the French International School, is to create a multicultural learning environment built on a rigorous French curriculum accredited by the French Ministry of Education. The school is part of the worldwide AEFE network of schools and provides a safe environment that welcomes students of all backgrounds and nationalities, guiding them to become confident, caring, and open-minded critical thinkers who will gain access to the best universities and thrive in a diverse competitive world.
Rochambeau, the French International School, values diversity, celebrates multiculturalism, and empowers students to understand and improve the world around them.
The school's core values are:
- Pursuit of Excellence, expect and help everyone to do their best
- Intellectual rigor and fairness, strong emphasis on hard work and work well-done
- Adaptability to a changing world
- Respect for diversity, the individual, ideas, cultures and the environment
- Support and cooperation between and among our students, our staff and our community
- Openness and transparency in our decision making process and communication
Together these values support a school which is culturally diverse and truly international.
Diversity is a hallmark of Rochambeau, with over seventy nationalities represented in the student body. Rochambeau is committed to cultivating a multilingual, multicultural learning environment that affirms the benefits that diversity and inclusion brings to all aspects of academic and campus life. We encourage all community members (students, parents, faculty, staff and Trustees) to participate in and continuously reinforce our learning community through thriving discussions, interactions and shared discoveries, anchored in a constant thirst for knowledge. Engaging on these important issues inside and outside the classroom is central to Rochambeau’s longstanding commitment to nurturing leaders who will seek a world that respects diversity in all senses throughout their lives.