Why does Rochambeau need Fundraising?
As an independent school Rochambeau is a fully self-funded non-profit school. Tuition and other sources of revenue provides a financial anchor, but do not cover the full price of the investments we make in our students and our community each year. As a non-profit school, gifts to Rochambeau are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
What is the Annual Fund?
The Annual Fund consists of gifts raised annually to support Rochambeau that exceed the income from tuition alone. These gifts help provide for the expenses that make our school exceptional. This includes investments in infrastructure and equipment of over $1 million annually. Parents, grandparents, teachers, staff, alumni and friends of Rochambeau all support the Annual Fund.
Does one gift really make a difference?
Every gift is important, no matter what the amount. Our goal is 60% parent and staff participation this year. Broad-based annual participation plays a major role in encouraging corporate and grant-making institutions to support Rochambeau.
Annual Fund 2017-2018
Click here to learn more.
Our two specific goals for 2017-2018:
- $300,000 in donations
- Participation of 60% of our parent and staff community
- $230,966 in donations
- Over 350 families have made gifts, including
over 110 teachers and staff
- 50% participation overall
|Gala “All That Jazz”||$115,012|
|Original Art Project||$10,716|
|Cemoi chocolate sale||$2,000|
|Giant A+ program||$4,139|
|DC United Game Event||$ 509|
These results provide important support for our school community and we all benefit from this generosity!
From year to year, gifts received are directed to projects where funds are needed most and where the impact can be greatest. Some recent examples of projects funded by donations:
- Financial Aid and Scholarships: over $650,000 was awarded last year to over 10% of our students
- Science and Technology tools: expanded iPad program and classroom technologies, like new microscopes
- Athletics programs and equipment: new climbing wall and team uniforms
- Reading and research: renovated library building and expanded offering of books and online research tools
- Professional development: investments in teacher training have a direct impact on the learning for every student
We have two goals this year:
(1)Parent and Staff Participation: We aim to increase parent and staff participation in giving from 50% last year to 60% in 2017-2018.
(2)Financial Goal: Our goal for the Annual Fund is $100,000, with additional revenue from corporate gifts and special events of $200,000. The total goal is therefore $300,000. Last year our total fundraising was just over $230,000.
Depending on our success in achieving these ambitious goals, the projects we could fund in the next year include:
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Science and lab materials at all grade levels
- Sport and athletics equipment
- Theater, art and music program enhancements (new microphones, support for musical and drama productions)